Subject: Re: THE OPERA HOUSE
From: Donald Levine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 29 Jan 2018 09:52:01 -0700

I think the use of the black curtain or a dark stage is the way lots of
directors and designers prefer to work these days and of course, they are
aided and abetted by those who run the house.  I'm just waiting for them to
cut up the gold curtain and sell it off in little swatches as souvenirs.

As for the movie The House, it was terrific and so good to see Leontyne
Price in all of her diva glory, even today.  One thing I expected that was
not shown, when they broke ground for the Opera House itself, Zinka Milanov
was given the honor of the first shovel of dirt.  I thought they would have
shown that but they didn't.  All in all, it was  well done and I hope to
see it again.

Donald