Subject: Re: Met Tosca in HD/Radio (Zinka - Klara Kluck)
From: Bob Rideout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 29 Jan 2018 15:44:31 +0000

Yes, I did, in reference to her articulation of fast music with lots
of little notes. The Gallows ensemble in Ballo is a perfect example
of her difficulties with music that approaches a gallop. They
definitely recall Mme. Kluck.

However, she was the greatest exponent of the long line, "D'Amor
and "O Patria Mia", for instance, that I have ever heard, Leontyne
Price excepted. Her piani and repose were breathtaking!

Zinka was a very imperfect vocalist with a gorgeous natural tone,
which, at times, approached perfection.

I think that the issue Donald and I have is that you -
"accentuate the negative, eliminate the positive",
as the song sort of goes.

It's a version of "fake news".

Bob