Subject: Re: And now, for a touch of sheer idiocy
From: "G. Paul Padillo" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 28 Jan 2018 23:25:46 -0500

Once again, I don't understand the bitterness.  I'm with Ray, here.  I would LOVE to get to one
of these hologram concerts.  I watched the story on CBS Sunday Morning this a.m., and felt as
giddy as a kid at Christmas . . . and I just also watched/posted on Deutsche Opera's "Snow
Queen" so maybe I'm regressing?  Ha!

The comment about not experiencing one iota of Callas doesn't make a lot of sense to me.
Are we not experiencing anything from her recordings?  I NEVER got to see/hear Callas live,
but she has been, since childhood, my favorite singer, bar none.  I understand seeing
someone live is a different experience but don't tell me I "don't get Callas" - because, well,
what you will I'm certainly not going to expend any effort to change an already set mind.

I also don't believe anyone going is thinking they're getting the real thing, which we know is
impossible.  But why the buzzkill people?

p.