Subject: Re: Conrad L. Osborne & La Forza Del Destino
From: David Kubiak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 28 Jan 2018 13:20:12 -0500

It has been such a pleasure to see CLO 'redivivus'.  But how old is he now?
I was reading him in 'High Fidelity' when I was 15, and I am now 67.  He
must have been a much younger critic than I imagined.

I have had in mind after many performances these days a parodic piece he
wrote that should be re-printed.  It was based on the idea that the faults
he found more and more in contemporary singing had eventually become the
norm.  I recall a line from the parody review that said something like
"Madame X did not have her belting under her usual control.'

But very good to have him active again.

David Kubiak