Subject: Re: Met Tosca in HD/Radio
From: Bob Rideout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 28 Jan 2018 14:37:14 +0000

Such arrogant nonsense is rare, even on this forum.

There are those among us who value music and
vocalism more than the visual aspects of opera,
and we can hear things like intonation, rhythmic precision,
attention to phrasing, completion of musical lines, dynamics
and security of tone. Not only can we hear these things,
we are able to make informed value judgments about them.

It has been my experienc on this forum that when others
agree with my assessment, they are more than hapoy to
praise my opinion, which, these days,  is always from
recordings or radio/TV transmission But when they don't
agree, the problem is either that I am hearing distorted sound,
usually "the fault" of WQXR or PBS, or I "wasn't there". BS!
The sound is fine, and so are my ears and brain.

And, allow me to add that some among us actually know the
texts of the operas we listen to and we do not make a career
of Italian and other Malapropisms! Physician, heal thyself!

I do not take it personally since it was not directed to me, but -

Am I angry; you bet I am!

Bob