Subject: Re: Met Tosca in HD/Radio
From: Idia Legray <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 28 Jan 2018 09:13:15 -0500

harleyrider:
"brash, unpolished and barked a lot..."

I can tell you were not at the HD or in-house.  I am sorry because you
would take your Scarpia words and eat them.  There has never been a
better rendition, calm without facial over-expressions or histrionics, no
barking, everything played as a top respected official would expect to react
rather than a sleazy low class decadent bum like the Bondy Scarpia.

Lucic had this part right in his hands and he played it perfectly, and it was
definitely anything but unpolished.

This proves a point to me more than ever.
We who listen over the airwaves and then are absolutely certain and strong
of our opinions (I've done it myself on several occasions) have no right to
have a voice.  It's like seeing only one part of that elephant that the blind
children saw.  It's unfair to the singers, it's unfair to the director, and it is
unfair to the production itself which none of us can see.

I'd love the opinion of one who actually SAW the production AFTER dissing
it over the airwaves and see what they come up with.  I guarantee it will
be an enlightening experience for them.  (I would suggest that mayonnaise
and a little mustard will help get the sole of that shoe down easier if you
chew it slowly.) LOL