Subject: Re: Met Tosca in HD/Radio
From: Vesna Danilovic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 27 Jan 2018 20:32:42 -0500

> "Lucic was brash, unpolished and barked a lot."

While I'm sure that's how he sounded to your ears, incidentally that's also
a popular charge routinely repeated verbatim by Lucic's detractors. (I
never understood the hate toward him.) I'm afraid I must disagree and to me
he was anything but ... I am totally with Katie and Idia about his fine
Scarpia. I can't say I was always enthusiastic about every single role he
did, but today his performance, as heard and seen in HD, was nuanced,
polished (absolutely not a single "bark" to my ears), and dramatically
effective.

Vesna