Subject: Met Tosca in HD/Radio
From: "G. Paul Padillo" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 27 Jan 2018 16:20:15 -0500

I'm hoping everyone's at their local cineplex today experiencing the Met's "Tosca" - since not a
peep has been seen yet here.

I listened to, and mostly enjoyed, the prima, but was mostly underwhelmed.  Wow, was I NOT
expecting this performance to have caught Il sacro fuoco - but it was thrilling and only got
better as the afternoon went on.

Maestro Villaume, who at the prima had some balance issues - led a propulsive, theatrically
unhinged performance beautifully, whipping his cast and players into a frenzy.  I merely
listened at home, but felt, as I rarely do - almost as though I were there for all of it.

Great afternoon . . . bravo a tutti!

p.