Subject: Norma
From: Ghozel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 27 Jan 2018 14:25:54 -0500

While I've only seen part of the telecast, I saw one of the performances in house.

The set looks far better on TV. It looked ludicrous in the house.  Also, although Rad can sound ravishing, her pronounced vibrato, which she seemed to control in recent years, re-emerged in force during the performance I saw.  The vibrato covers the notes a bit too much for my taste.  Oddly, she doesn't seem to have much vibrato in the telecast.  I don't know it it's a difference between what we hear live and what a microphone picks up.  DiDonato seemed underpowered in the role in the house.