Subject: Re: Norma
From: tom ponti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 27 Jan 2018 16:35:56 +0000

Overall, a very good performance. It seems to me that Sondra overdoes the soft high notes, especially in the more dramatic scenes.  I will have to watch it again to confirm that opinion. Whatever, she is an outstanding Norma, on par with Caballe, Callas and Sutherland. I thought di Donato was excellent, be curious to know how large her voice is in the House.  The Caballe Norma at Orange is still my all time favorite. She provides gorgeous tone with dramatic intensity, which makes that performance unique, IMO.