Subject: Norma
From: R PRADA <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 27 Jan 2018 00:27:43 -0500

I didn’t see the whole piece but I recorded it so I can go back and listen some more. I liked what I heard, but I think I have to go to the theater. I did not hear a voice that was recognizable from the first measure. But maybe that is my sound system. Nice though.

A propos a previous discussion, higher voices do not record as faithfully as the lower ones. Has to do with acoustical properties, the acuity of microphones,etc.

I saw Phillis Curtin sing a Messiah with Paul Matthen. I think it was at MIT, and she was wonderful. She graduated Wellesley, by the way.

I loved Albert. He was wise and had an impeccable ear, to my thinking. He was also a character, but for me, entirely satisfying to read and communicate with. My opinion and I do not want to debate about it.

Sent from my iPhone, traditore.
I decided to leave my spellcheck on. It adds a certain frisson, and traps my idiot type errors.

RP