Subject: Re: Stemme LIVE!
From: David Shengold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 26 Jan 2018 15:50:39 +0000

Max--
I would concur about Lorengar  ( whom I heard in NYC, San Fran and Vienna as Fiordiligi, Donna Elvira, Agathe, Elsa, Elisabeth de Vaois, Alice Ford 3x and Manon Lescaut 2x, plus two concerts and a recital) sounding different heard live, though I love many of her recordings as well.
A masterful singer whose every live performance I enjoyed (Edgardo, Nemorino, Tonio, Ernesto, Alfredo, Faust, Romeo 2x, Werther 2x)  but do not much listen to on recordings is Alfredo Kraus; the space of the theater smoothed out some of the tension heard in his tone on recordings.
-David Shengold