Subject: Re: Domingo
From: ANGELO MAMMANO <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 25 Jan 2018 19:29:03 -0500

I don't think so.  I was at that Otello with Del Monaco and Domingo

on  November 19, 1962.  I still have the cast list for that performance.

Maria Di Gerlando was Desdemona and Manuel Ausensi was Iago.

The conductor was Carlo Moresco.  I remember in particular that during

all except Act 1 the stage floor boasted the same enormous rug.  Still

and all it was good to see Del Monaco in his signature role and with

Domingo as an uncommonly good Cassio.  There was also a Tabarro/

Pagliacci in Harford with Domingo that I attended during that time.

Hartford was hot in the 60's.

Angelo from Boston