Subject: Re: Terrific Trovatore Prima at the Met
From: David Kubiak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 25 Jan 2018 16:34:35 -0500

I tuned in right at the baritone entrance and listened through to the trio.
 I am clearly becoming unbalanced about the issue, since when the stretta of
the trio was cut I turned it off. In our enlightened musicological age I
cannot abide this philistine hatchet work.  Also, what was going on during
that music?  There was all sorts of grunting and moaning that I could not
imagine being motivated by anything in the libretto.

David Kubiak