Subject: Re: The most influential opera to impact our own time is:
From: Donald Levine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 25 Jan 2018 08:08:46 -0700

I will be brief.  While I have always admired Freischutz and realize its
importance in the German romantic repertoire, the most influential opera of
all, hands down, Tristan und Isolde.  In Tristan Wagner brought us down a
musical trail that we are still traveling.  Everyone (I think) who came
after was forever changed by Tristan.  My humble opinion.

Donald