Subject: Camner pronouncements (formerly, The most influential opera to impact our own time is:)
From: RAYMOND GOUIN <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 24 Jan 2018 21:23:11 -0500

Now, now, Bob.  You really should look upon Camner -- the self-anointed Lord High Grand PooBah and Pearl Above-the-Swine of Opera-L -- with greater kindness and generosity.   Remember that -- with his all too frequent appearances, excesses heaped upon excesses, multiple gala farewells, and outrageous comments on Opera-L, he serves an important purpose in life ,  i.e. to make King Ludwig of Bavaria appear to be sane.  So, please show Camner all of the respect that is his due.

:)

Cheers, best and glad to now be a continent away from (with apologies to Puccini) "Lo Sciocco dell West".

Ray