Subject: The most influential opera to impact our own time is:
From: James Camner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 24 Jan 2018 14:22:01 -0800

Weber's Der Freischutz.

Without question Der Freischutz is the most important opera masterpiece
that is, inexplicably, almost never performed in the United States.

More later about why I call it the most influential opera to impact our own
time....

James Camner

PS: I've been listening to it a a lot and right now I prefer the
Harnoncourt recording (though nobody has and probably never will, rival the
Annchen of Rita Streich)._