Subject: Re: Vinay in 'Barbiere'
From: Bob Rideout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 20 Jan 2018 21:30:41 +0000

Hi David

I attended his one Bartolo at the Met in 1966, and it was no joke.
He sang with a familiar cast - Peters, Guarrera, George Shirley
and Tozzi, all totally professional, none vocal gold, and so it was
with Vinay. I remember the evening as well balanced, both vocally
and visually. Very enjoyable!

The date was 31 March 1966, and though the Met Database
doesn't indicate it, I believe it was Vinay's farewell to the
Company.

Bob