Subject: Vinay in 'Barbiere'
From: David Kubiak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 20 Jan 2018 16:08:12 -0500

People may have thought I was just trying to be funny in the Domingo thread
when I mentioned as a neophyte opera fan hearing Vinay on a Met broadcast as
Don Bartolo.  Actually I wasn't.  I didn't know enough at the time to
realize he had been a famous tenor.  Does anyone remember whether his ending
his career as a bass was pure camp, or was he, as the Italians say, still
'valido' as an artist?

David Kubiak

Modify your settings: