Subject: Fwd: Franco Corelli & Stefan Zucker
From: donald kane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 20 Jan 2018 12:04:17 -0500

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Stefan Zucker <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Sat, Jan 20, 2018 at 1:04 AM
Subject: Franco Corelli & Stefan Zucker
To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>

Believing, as I do, in balance and fairness, I forward to all who may be
interested,
the following from Stefan Zucker:

<<<
I don’t feel the editor was clueless, but his objective was to have the
film shown at festivals. In that he succeeded. My objective was to put a
camera in front of each diva and have her talk. Fifty-two hours of footage
were shot, which he boiled down first to three hours (I never saw that
version) and then to ninety-three minutes. Had he adopted my approach the
film would not have been seen on TV in many, many countries, nor would he
have recovered his investment. Before the editing took place he told me he
had spent $253,000.

Naxos is releasing a multi-disc Blue-Ray edition of Belcanto: The Tenors of
the 78 Era in March, in which I’m advised I hold forth at length on Caruso
and six other tenors and to which I have contributed ten chapters to one of
the booklets. Supposedly if that undertaking is successful they’ll do the
same sort of thing with Opera Fanatic.

Stefan  >>>

dtmk