Subject: Re: Domingo to sing Gianni Schicchi
From: tom ponti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 20 Jan 2018 00:54:37 +0000

What you say about Domingo is true. IMO he was a great tenor with an incredible reparatory and deserves praise for his many tenor years. He is the Male version of Caballe, who sang just about everything for a long time, though as a soprano. My main complaint about him is that he should not be singing major baritone roles. Still, I do admire his energy, especially at 76 years old. Just out of curiosity, does anyone know what year  he sang his last tenor role?