Subject: Re: LAO 2018-19
From: Donald Levine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 19 Jan 2018 10:52:56 -0700

For me, this revival is a non starter.  Vargas has done the role, still not
what is required.  His voice remains too lyrical.  Domingo will probably be
the oldest Posa on record but 50/50 chance of singing well, appropriate or
not.  As for Furlanetto, if the Met Requiem is any indication, its time.
Well beyond the time for retirement.  At least Mmes Martinez and Smirnova
will be up to the task and of course, James Conlon will conducted a fine
performance as he always does.

Donald