Subject: onegin
From: k youngmann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 18 Jan 2018 10:19:21 -0600

For the past several days we’ve been trying to explain Onegin’s character. So far I don’t remember anyone using the term “sanctimonious.” It fits. But, just to offer some options, I looked up the word on thesaurus.com and found some other applicable words: smug, self-satisfied and Pecksniffian (after the Dickens character Seth Pecksniff in “Martin Chuzzlewit”).

Kurt Youngmann

“If you can’t dazzle them with brilliance, bamboozle them with bulls*it” - W.C. Fields