Subject: Re: Kauffmann’sSchubert
From: A Katalin Mitchell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 18 Jan 2018 09:17:33 -0500

Well Roberta, that is easy enough to accomplish, go on you tube and search for Kaufmann Die Schoene Muellerin and you will find the entire song cycle there.  In all its magnificence.  I found it to my surprise the other day when I was trying to acquaint a friend with the songs in his interpretation, and of course could not resist but to listen to the whole thing (though I have had the CD for years). Then I found Dietrich Fischer Diskau in same, as well as Fritz Wunderlich, and I know many will scream at me for sacrilege, but for my ears and sensibilities Jonas is far superior in his performance (whether you see him or not) than the other two. Jonas makes me cry, the other two did not.  I first heard Jonas sing this live in New Jersey almost a decade ago, fell in love with the cycle and the performer.  Have been a fan since, and cant wait for my second live performance in two days-time at Carnegie Hall.

 Kati

On 1/18/18, 12:17 AM, "Discussion of opera and related issues on behalf of R PRADA" <[log in to unmask] on behalf of [log in to unmask]> wrote:

    Gee, ARIANE, I read this as a good review. Makes me want to hear him in lieder.
    RP

    Sent from my iPhone