Subject: Re: Kauffmann’s Schubert
From: Maxwell Paley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 18 Jan 2018 10:31:03 +0100

You never know. Lotte Lehmann became a much greater performer of Lieder in her later years as she learned to shed the operatic mantle. Another singer with a nice voice who, in her later years, turned into a really powerful interpreter of the song literature was Canadian soprano (more mezzo later) Lois Marshall.

Maybe when he reaches a point where his voice isn’t as rich and he isn’t as pretty, he’ll become yet more interesting.

Max Paley

Sent from my iPhone