Subject: Re: This is what passes for 'serious' Criticism in Los Angeles
From: "Max D. Winter" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 17 Jan 2018 17:03:04 -0500

Actually, I thought that was a good and thought-provoking review.  I have always thought
Mark Sved was a good critic.  Whether one agreed with his take on SM or not, he made a
serious attempt to look at Schubert's well-worn song cycle through a different lens.

I agree that the headline was most unfortunate, but the critic generally does not write the
headline, the editors do.

MDW