Subject: poleri
From: k youngmann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 17 Jan 2018 15:20:46 -0600

Poleri appeared in one production with Chicago’s Lyric Opera: 1962’s “Prince Igor” as Vladimir. Igor Gorin sang the title role and Boris Christoff gave two tour-de-force performances as Galitsky and Khan Konchak. At his entrance in the latter role, Christoff had a live falcon on his arm. He was quoted as having said that he very carefully watched the beast being fed before he accepted possession.

As for Poleri, I’m not 100% certain, but I believe I saw him as Rodolfo in about 1950 when NYCO was still touring in Chicago. I am sure that Ann Ayars was the Mimi. (Obviously, this would have been before the infamous walkout).

Kurt Youngmann

Green's law of debate: "Anything is possible if you don't know what you're talking about."