Subject: Re: Speculation about Marjorie Lawrence
From: Frank Cadenhead <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 17 Jan 2018 14:47:15 -0500

On Wed, 17 Jan 2018 12:03:13 -0500, Scott Grunow <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Purely speculative: What if Marjorie Lawrence had not contracted polio?

True story. I and a friend were at the San Diego airport to pick up Arthur
Rubinstein. One of the passengers boarding that same plane left the line and shook
hands with Rubinstein. "Hello, I'm Jonas Salk and I just wanted to say I am a great
fan." Rubinstein mumbled thanks and asked us "Do you know that man?"  "That
was Jonas Salk, who invented the Polio vaccine." "What! Oh, no!" says the pianist
and joins boarding passengers, waived away protesting airline staff, mounted the
stairway and entered the plane. He found Salk and told him what a great fan he
was of his work.

Frank Cadenhead