Subject: Re: Franco Corelli & Stefan Zucker
From: Stephen Charitan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 17 Jan 2018 09:01:24 -0500

The whole thing was a colossal missed opportunity.  All of those wonderful
post - verismo divas who also experienced the Bel Canto revival - and the
only subject on Zucker's agenda is "voce di petto."   After hearing him
prissily extrude the words a few times even the humor of Zucker's personal
absurdity drains away and the net result is frustration.  These gracious,
humorous, articulate ladies had so much to say - unfortunately they trusted
all of these qualities to an utter Buffoon.