Subject: Re: Domingo to sing Gianni Schicchi
From: tom ponti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 17 Jan 2018 13:26:51 +0000

It seems to me the Reizen, Olivero, Freni, Devia, Sutherland and Gruberova, all who sang well into their late sixties or early seventies were singing roles in their natural vocal range. Domingo is a past prime tenor trying to sing major baritone roles, which IMO, disrespects the composer. I was wrong to say he or any opera singer should be forced to retire at 70, but I do think that in most cases, they SHOULD.