Subject: Re: Levine
From: Paul Ricchi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 17 Jan 2018 11:00:08 +0000

I understand what you are trying to say (or a musical reputation you are
trying to revise), but it is a bit over-reaching, Roberta.

Cleva died on a podium in Greece in 1971, Levine’s Met debut was  in 1971.

Patanè conducted about 125 performances at the Met, although the
appointments he held (symphonic and operatic) were in Germany. He was
hardly a second liner in any venue.