Subject: Re: When to Say Good Bye? (Was re: Domingo/Schicchi)
From: Rudi Van den Bulck <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 17 Jan 2018 10:56:10 +0100

G. Paul Padillo wrote

"hough Alain Vanzo had retired from the operatic stage, he continued
giving performances almost right until his death.  If you can get your hands
on a live performance from one of his last appearances – in his 70’s, of
Romeo’s Ah! lêve-toi soleil!” you will hear the style, phrasing and tone
that woul
would be the envy of a tenor half his age."

Well I was there uploaded the performance to my youtube channel :

And here's possibly the first filmed memo of the tenor 29 years earlier

Modify your settings: