Subject: Re: Domingo to sing Gianni Schicchi
From: Bob Rideout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 16 Jan 2018 22:29:24 +0000

Tom

First off, to go back to your previous post, Placido Domingo is
at least as big an opera star, Worldwide, as Corelli, Bjorling and
Pavarotti, though Pavarotti's fame transcended opera as has
no other tenor in our time. Domingo's performance totals, including
jaw dropping figures in German speaking cities, is greater than
any of the others, by miles, a statistic in which I totally exclude the 21st
Century.

For the rest, Mark Reizen should tell you enough about that which is
possible after the age of 70, to obviate your "comments". He was not
alone, though he was truly remarkable.

Bob