Subject: Re: Domingo to sing Gianni Schicchi
From: tom ponti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 16 Jan 2018 21:07:29 +0000

Few, if any, opera singers are worth hearing past seventy. If they choose to perform recitals or concerts that is fine, as their fans have the opportunity to hear them again and enjoy their art. Domingo thinks he is a baritone as he thought he was a conductor, and general manager. Perhaps he performed those duties reasonably well, but he never would have been famous except for the fact that he was a great Tenor. Some performers just cannot give up the spotlight. Perhaps I am jealous that Placido, who at my age, is still able to perform as well as he does while I never was or never will have the abilities he has now? As for politicians, most of them are useless before turning 70-LOL!