Subject: Re: Domingo to sing Gianni Schicchi
From: Donald Levine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 16 Jan 2018 11:32:32 -0700

My biggest quibble with Domingo continuing on and on is that there are many
talented younger baritones out there who should be singing these roles in
major theaters.  Every time a superannuated Domingo gets on the stage one
of them is denied prime career engagements.  I'd rather see a Rigoletto or
Boccanegra with Quinn Kelsey documented on DVD then one with a 75 or more
year old Domingo.  Its like the old days of the Three Tenor juggernaut - a
lot of very talented singers were left in the lurch.  I know, the mantra is
that as long as they will pay to see them but there comes a point where one
gracefully accepts the passing of time.

Donald