Subject: Re: JK at Carnegie
From: Katalin Mitchell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 21 Jan 2018 09:42:35 -0500

It was absolutely heavenly, perfect performances.  Except for the TB ward
in the audience, constant coughing, sometimes right in the middle of a
song, and the reception at the end was so lukewarm (very few people
standing O) that he almost did not give more than one encore, until the
audience finally woke up and began to sound like they should, and we got
four more Schubert songs, Die Forelle, Der Lindenbaum, and two I was not
familiar with.  It was very funny, they were so surprised that all of a
sudden all this enthusiasm appeared....Given that they gave 6 encores in
most other cities they performed, this was low.