Subject: Re: Pagliacci
From: John Irving <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 13 Jan 2018 18:14:18 -0600

Yes, I too thought Alagna was fine after a slow start with his entrance.  I have the video performance  of Cav Pag with Alagna from a few years back.   Santuzza is not a role that is undertaken in a major house with only 2 previous performances with the role.   Ms S sound rather wobbley throughout; perhaps due to her inexperience.  Otherwise, not a bad afternoon.

         John I.

Sent from my iPad