Subject: Re: Pagliacci
From: Bob Rideout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 13 Jan 2018 23:44:11 +0000

Donald

I did, too, although I only heard the last half hour or so.
He was much better than I would have predicted, and
"No, Pagliaccio non son" was one of the best I've ever
heard.

My first encounter with him was "Boheme" at the Met in
1995. It is not everyday that singers who have sung for
about a quarter century can still deliver with confident
and fresh tone. I was very impressed!

The less said about the rest, the better!

Bob