Subject: "The Opera House" Documentary - Highly Recommended!
From: "Max D. Winter" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 13 Jan 2018 17:10:34 -0500

I went with some friends this afternoon to see the Met HD of the new documentary, "The
Opera House."  It was fantastic, I cannot recommend it highly enough.  There is much
footage that I never knew existed, including the moment when the turntable broke during a
rehearsal for "Antony and Cleopatra" and Zeffirelli's angry reaction.  There is also footage of
Price singing "Give Me My Robe."  In fact, much of the documentary focuses on Price, who not
only gives a charming and funny interview ("I sang like an angel that night."), but sings a bit,
sounding amazing at age 90.  Talk about an American Original!

The encore is Wednesday evening, and I highly recommend anyone who missed it today to
try to catch it.  It will probably (hopefully) be put up on "Met on Demand" and I imagine will
air on PBS at some point.

Two of the people in my group have no particular interest in opera, and they were very
enthusiastic about it.  One of them wants to go to the Met the next time she is in New York.

MDW