Subject: Re: Toscanini BOHEME recording
From: Les Mitnick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 8 Jan 2018 00:07:52 -0600

I've stated on several previous posts that I have a substantial number of Pristine's Opera recordings, and I find all of them vast improvements over their older counterparts.  I own all the Flagstad/Furtwangler operas, as well as the Flagstad/Walter Fidelio Met broadcast in 1941.  All are fabulous, and the 1950 Ring and the 1952 Tristan have never sounded better and more vivid.   Also have some Italian titles (Ballo with Milanov/Bjoerling; Chenier with Milanov and del Monaco; Turandot with Corell/Nilsson'"Hollander' with Rysanek and London,"Tristan" with Nilsson/Bohm PLUS

both the 1946 Toscannini Traviata and Boheme,  All are wonderful, vivid, bright, and sound reborn.  I treasure these recordings and I wouldn't be without them.

     I wouldn't hesitate purchasing anything that Andrew Rose did.  Though there could be a dud in the pile, but I haven't encountered it yet.

                                                                                      Les