Subject: Levine
From: R PRADA <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 12 Jan 2018 14:38:58 -0500

I have no information about this but there were great conductors I would love to heard at the Met. Kleiber older and younger, Maag. and others - If we look at the Stats, when JL was not conducting we were likely to see second liners, like Cleva and Patane.  As you all by now, I am not likely to search this out, but it is quite common for someone wishing to secure his own place in music history, to get himself compared to lesser lights, when the opportunity arises. I would love to have heard more Jimmy Conlon, though I did hear him there, and Lopez-Cobos, Mackerras,oh well - we all have our own favorites - mine was Maag.
> On Jan 12, 2018, at 1:40 PM, OPERA-L automatic digest system <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>> "For years, JL forbade many conductors from appearing at the Met."
>> Just curious - who were some of those banned conductors, and where does
>> this information
>> come from?  Source?

Modify your settings: