Subject: Re: Met Orchestra at Carnegie Hall on June 5-Michael Tilson Thomas replaces Levine
From: ANGELO MAMMANO <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 12 Jan 2018 10:28:46 -0500

I also attended the Cunning Little Vixen at NYCO and I marveled

at how the orchestra sounded so much better than usual under

MTT's baton.  It was like they had hired a different orchestra for that

opera.  But I also want to mention that years ago while working

for Boston Ballet in the summertime in the area near Mansfield, MA

I was able to walk into a rehearsal for Boheme Act 2.  The Pittsburgh

SO had a ongoing engagement to appear there in the Great Woods

Festival,  I believe it was called.  The Boheme had Hadley, Alexander,

Daniels, Stilwell, Plishka, and Tajo.  I think I have the cast correctly.

I loved seating so closely to the orchestra and singers, practically in

the front row and MTT was excellent.  Afterwards I joined the orchestra

for coffee and donuts. A fun time.

Angelo from Boston