Subject: Re: Met Orchestra at Carnegie Hall on June 5-Michael Tilson Thomas replaces Levine
From: Marc Shepherd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 12 Jan 2018 08:50:04 -0500

Offhand, I cannot think of another classical music figure who is the
subject of more unsubstantiated rumors than James Levine.

That said...as artistic director of the Met, it was *of course* a part of
his job to help decide which artists should appear there. Whether he
actually *“banned”* artists like Michael Tilson Thomas, who deserved and
would have liked to come, is a whole other question.

--
Marc Shepherd
New York, NY