Subject: difficulty in relating resopnses to a prior e-mail (was re Greatest Wagnerian Sopranos/Bjoner)
From: Mike Leone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 11 Jan 2018 18:38:03 +0000

Hi Richard--
Are you referring to Bjoner?  I can't tell from your comment.  If you are, I have heard that recording also and don't remember there being an intrusive wobble at the end
Many years ago, there was a big to-do on the list that the e-mails were getting too lengthy because the entire previous string was attached at the bottom of each e-mail.  I think we have gone too far in the other direction now.  People have become so zealous in deleting everything from the e-mail they received that I with increasing frequency can't tell who they are responding to, and I don't have time to go back through all the e-mails to figure it out from some hint or other in the language of the e-mail.  It might be good to at least preface the e-mail with the name of the person being responded to.
Mike Leone
[log in to unmask] il Leone!