Subject: Re: Birgit Nilsson Great Streaming Documentary
From: David Kubiak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 9 Jan 2018 17:50:34 -0500

As a sidebar I might point out how relatively late in their careers both
Nilsson and Corelli came to the Met.  She was 41 and he 40.   Both of them
had right around ten years in their prime before problems started setting
in.  Corelli just decided to quit, but Nilsson pushed on, much longer than
was wise, I think.  But as with Tebaldi and Sutherland, people forgive the
end of their careers and prefer to remember their incomparable greatness in
their prime.

David Kubiak

Modify your settings: