Subject: Re: Birgit Nilsson Great Streaming Documentary
From: Russ Geschke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 9 Jan 2018 10:47:06 -0600

Re Frida Leider, I must respond:  YES!

As is evident from her studio records (especially the electrical recordings)
and the many recordings from the 1930s of  Leider in vivo.  By far the best
transfers of the Leider in vivo recordings were done by Christian Zwarg on
his private Truesound label, but it appears from the Truesound website that
they regrettably are no longer available.

Also, for readers other than Bob (who already knows this), the number of
"Wagnerian sopranos of the Twentieth Century" cannot be reduced to two,
thereby excluding two outstanding holdovers from the 19th century, Felia
Litvinne and Lillian Nordica, and then, later, the superb Germaine Lubin,
and closer to our time Astrid Varnay.