Subject: Re: Das Land des Lachelns
From: Paul Ferraro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 8 Jan 2018 17:07:00 -0500

Agree on the high quality of both Land des L. recordings Myriam
mentions.  BUT, when I'm under stress & need a visit from Heaven's
calming effect, I play the highlights with Pippo.  No, he's not
"Germanic" & stresses on the last note of "Dein ist mein ganzes hertz",
but what glorious mezza voce & pianissimi he used in the beginning of
the recording - unsurpassed/unequaled.

Overall, I am a fan of Merry Widow & wish that Pippo's live performance
with Kabaivanska were available in "listenable" sound.

DonPaolo