Subject: Re: Das Land des Lachelns
From: Myriam Hernandez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 8 Jan 2018 16:00:26 -0500

Even more beautiful, at least to me, is the French rendition of Le Pays du
Sourire by Alain Vanzo and Christiane Stutzman. There is an audio copy on
YouTube. Vanzo was a master of French diction and elegance. Another
fabulous performance of this operetta is the one by Siegfried Jerusalem and
the splendid Helen Donath, recorded in the early eighties. Agree that this
is Lehar' s best score.

Myriam