Subject: Re: Levine performances, Hitler paintings, Michael Jackson music, Wagner music, Berlin Philharmonic, Rosvaenge performances, Rode, Berger, Schillings, Krauss, Knappertsbusch, Karajan, Furtwängler, Böhm, Blech ....?
From: Donald Levine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 8 Jan 2018 10:45:56 -0700

The Polanski case is unusual.  First of there was an agreement not to
incarcerate that was agreed to by the prosecutors, Polanski and the
victim.  Polanski got wind that the judge would grandstand and overrule the
agreement - what better way to get your name in the papers.  Polanski
panicked and flew.  For years, they have been trying to make some avenue
available for him to return.  I am not sure of all of the details but this
was certainly an exceptional and unusual case.

Donald