Subject: Re: Hampson’s Mahler singing in 2017?
From: Bob Rideout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 14 Jan 2018 21:58:28 +0000

He has always had two strong suits in "song" or "Lieder"
Mahler and American songs. But, time hs taken a toll
and I'd caution that you might have to exercise a good
deal of tolerence for the voice, though the vocalism may
be fine. He really has been an A+ Mahler interpreter.
I imagine some attention should be paid to the soprano
and conductor in deciding if it's worh it. Please don't tell
me he's doing the whole cycle by himself!

Bob